[TenTec] Orion II NR Performance Measurements

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 12:11:18 EST 2006

> recently tried 2.056 and I especially liked its control
> responsiveness, RX control isolation while in TX mode and the
> display improvements, but 1.373b5 is back in my rig for now.

Sinisa published some spectrograms, and another list member sent me some
spectral plots of NR behavior in 1.373b5, and in both cases the bandpass
filter action of NR can can clearly be seen, where it's totally unapparent
in the 2.x versions.  Of course, there's a good deal to like about 2.032,
but some obvious issues that still need to be dealth with -- or not I guess
-- depending on how T-T sees the world.

Grant/NQ5T