[TenTec] Orion II NR Performance Measurements

Lin Davis linbdavis at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 26 12:44:14 EST 2006

Hi Grant,

Just a thought- I assume you made these measurements with a steady state signal.
Well that will be the worst case for a downward expanding type of NR.

However, if the carrier was modulated (like in Sinisa test with continuous
dits), and the RF gain adjusted so that the difference between the signal plus
noise level and the noise level with no signal is maximized, the average SNNR
would be at it's best (by definition). Seems to me, this test is more
applicable; more "real-world".

Wouldn't that be a better test? Let me know what you think.

Almost forgot-I'm assuming a narrow bandwidth, since you have shown quite nicely
that, by itself, the v2.xxxx NR doesn't do much in this regard.

Lin