[TenTec] V2, TT where are we going?

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Mar 25 22:10:37 EST 2006

No, it is not rocket science.

Unfortunately, you and Buck and others have not discovered anything
new in terms of communications with Ten Tec. Ten Tec just does not
communicate with their users on Orion issues and this has been going
on since 2003. They very rarely communicated with the great group of
beta testers they had, we never even knew whether the testing results
we submitted were read or were deleted. I mean no communications from
them at all. Ten Tec has one basic spokesman for the Orion and that
person is very proficient at brushing off reports of common problems
with 'we have never heard of that before', even if some of the beta
testers had provided the test results. You would have to have to
believe the majority of input from customers about the Orion, are
basically ignored by Ten Tec. Or that is the history in terms of them
communicating to their customers.

Take heart however! This scenario has been in play since Ten Tec
first started shipping  Orion's, and based on their history, it will
continue. But the majority of the complaints are about probably 2% of
firmware issues out of the entire firmware. Someone told me a long
time ago when I was going through what new Orion owners are going
through now "What are you complaining about, look how long it took
Microsoft to get an almost bug-free operating system working!"

The choice is simple...sit back and live with it, or move on.

Tom - W4BQF