[TenTec] Corsair Questions

CATFISHTWO at aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 17:42:27 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/26/2006 1:24:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jrhallas at optonline.net writes:

The  reason I got rid of my Corsair (perhaps was that I found the RIT
range  insufficient for serious DX "split" operation. I spent a lot of
time  unsuccessfully looking for the extra VFO and finally traded it in
to T-T  on a used Paragon, which has a dual VFO function built in.

I have been  very happy with the Paragon, however, the Corsair definately
has better  near-in (inside 20 kHz) IMD and blocking dynamic range
performance. On the  other side, the Paragon has very effective and
flexible frequency control  in one box and adds general coverage
(including easy mod to allow 60 M  transmit.\

If I could have found an external VFO for the Corsair, I'd  still be
using it as my main rig.

So if split frequency opns are of  interest, watch for one with the
external  VFO!

I found a nice  vfo  with 2 crystals installed  from that  other place for
$180 plus $17 shipping  and there was several available, I  use it with my
corsair II  because the vfo is more stable  on turn  on.

I use it as my 40 m radio,  I use the scout for 17m, and I use the ts  200
for uhf/vhf, and the 746 pro for 75.

I usually use the Orion for contesting, but the vfo's are available  elsewhere

tom N6AJR