[TenTec] Apartment antenna help

Richard Hemingway rheming1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 27 12:47:11 EST 2006

Hi Al,

I am 78 years old and live in a retirement community.  I have a
problem with antennas as I have to use one in the apartment.  I am
using an ISOTRON 20m antenna sitting on the top of the bookcase next
to my desk.  I am running an Orion on PSK, at about 35 watts. I hear
pretty good, however, it is hard to make contacts.  I have contacts
over the last several years from all four coasts, Canada and some
South American hams.  It isn't efficient, but it works.

I hope your Dad can find a good solution.  My ISOTRON surprises me at
time.  They also have them for all bands.

Take care,

73,

Dick, N5XRD