[TenTec] Orion Aux Audio output etc.

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 16:04:40 EST 2006

I was very careful to take RESPONSIBILITY for plugging the AUX cable into
the Remote jack all by myself.

I left it to someone else to point out how easy that is to do and to
speculate that perhaps a bit of foresight in design would prevent such mishaps
(particularly the spectacularly obvious blunder of putting identical Phone and  CW
jacks next to each other and then not bothering to apply the slightest little
bit of white paint to the raised black lettering so it would be easy to  tell
them apart).  Nope I didn't go there.

When I look behind my Mark V Field and see 8 RCA phono jacks, I know I  had
better be careful.  When I look at the AUX plug and the Remote plug,  they look
entirely different and I had no idea that the AUX would fit in  the Remote
jack.  The purpose of my post was to educate and warn  others.  I blamed no one
but myself.

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA