[TenTec] The ORION II sure makes me happy

ron at morell.us ron at morell.us
Wed Mar 29 17:33:19 EST 2006

After considering all the discussion on the short comings and the anomalies of
the ORION here on the reflector, I just have to say, in my practical use of the
ORION II, it meets my expectations.  It is a great rig.  I use and can compare
it to an Icom 756 PRO II, a Kewood TS-850S, and it is superior to these rigs.

Using N4PY control software and MixW, makes the digital modes via a sound card
TIN very easy and logging is a cinch.

Sure there can always be improvement, but to read this reflector, you would
think it was a terrible radio and that Ten Tec service and responsiveness is
awful.  This is not true in my experience.  Ten Tec Service and response to my
questions and technical needs has been very good.  It has been very good since
1977 when I bought my first Ten Tec radio which still works FB.

Comparing experiences and technical disussion is very useful, but I have to say
much of what has been posted here is unreasonable critisism of a great rig and a
fine company.

Anyone that is interested in why I would make these statements here, are welcome
to respond to this post off the reflector.
Ron
KA7U