[TenTec] Is the Orion an AM radio or a DXer's radio??

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Mon May 1 00:22:26 EDT 2006

I don't think it is accurate to say that the Orion is "the first one Ten
Tek ever produced for the DXer" or even Ten-Tec.
My  Omni VI is definitely a great rig for a DXer.
As contesting has evolved to the point that it is necessary to hold a
frequency for CQing at the same time you are trolling the bands to hunt
and pounce, then I suppose with the second receiver, you might say "the
Orion is the first rig Ten-Tec has ever made for the modern day contester."

I agree with your sentiments about AM operation. If I wanted to get into
AM operation, no solid state rig could ever satisfy me. I'd want a big
tube transmitter. Nevertheless, if I bought a $4000 radio, I would not
be pleased if it did not function well in all modes it was advertised to
operate on.

DE N6KB

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/naive