[TenTec] Orion as AM radio

Rideout Family wa6ipd at dslextreme.com
Mon May 1 10:28:25 EDT 2006

Rob, if what you said were true no new vacuum tube equipment would be
sold but it is.  The audio purest will tell you solid state comes close
but tubes are still the best.

As for AM rigs one reason I like amateur radio is to operate the fine
old equipment of yesteryear.  It's just like driving an old car on a
Sunday some people wouldn't be found dead driving an old T around but
lots of us enjoy such carrying ons.  And as far as bad audio I hear more
bad SSB audio than anything on AM and I contribute that to the AM
operators who are more than just knob twisters.

Art WA6IPD