[TenTec] FM TX on Orion II

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Mon May 1 20:31:17 EDT 2006

> FWIW, I checked the v1 O1 and monitored FM doesn't sound
> fuzzy on the Orion or a second rx

I'm not surprised.

Actually, this just isn't my day to get it right.  Apparently, as I was
checking earlier, I neglected to put the radio into FM mode on all bands --
doh! :-(

Anyway, I must have done a RAM Clear Reset on my brain instead of the radio
by mistake.  So I reloaded Forebrain 24.045Beta, and tested everything
again.  I now have the high pitched, donald duck-like high end on FM on all
bands from 160-10, using 2.033.

Maybe others out there in Orion-II-land could also check, and see what YOU
hear.  (Already one report of NTF).  Could be I just got the "special" Orion
II :-)

Grant/NQ5T