[TenTec] Upcoming Field Day Planning questions and thoughts

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Mon May 1 22:45:09 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 16:48 -0500, Stuart Rohre wrote:
> The Corsair should be a good FD choice.
>
> Add the ICE bandpass filters, and add an NVIS low dipole for 80m and 40m and
> you should have a good all around station.
>
> Stuart
> K5KVH
> Contrary to popular belief, skip CAN be worked on 80m NVIS dipole that is
> only 6 feet off ground!

Works a lot better for FD than an 80 m dipole a half wave high. One time
we had access to windmill towers that high and put one up. We couldn't
work much at all around Iowa, but heard the coasts well, but we couldn't
get a really competitive signal to the coasts and so made few contacts.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,