[TenTec] Audio Issues with Heil Microphone and Jupiter

Dave Tipton dave at lodave.org
Tue May 2 09:00:35 EDT 2006

Last night, I was playing around with a Heil HM10 microphone and discovered that I cannot get enough Audio through it into my Jupiter.  I put the $28 Ten Tec hand mic on and it works fine.. (100 Watts PEP vs 25-50 Watts PEP with the Heil)  In order to get to the 25-50 Watts PEP on the Heil, I had to turn the processor up to 100%.  (Not good)  Switching between the two elements goes from bad to worse.

  Ok, so do I have an impedance mismatch or what?  I bought the proper cables, etc.  I'd rather NOT buy an equalizer/pre amp.  What am I missing here?

  Thanks,
Dave