[TenTec] Audio Issues with Heil Microphone and Jupiter

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at verizon.net
Tue May 2 12:46:11 EDT 2006

I have about a $2,000 audio chain ahead of my Ten Tec rig (a Pegasus).
That's because my "shack" is actually a commercial audio production
studio with a radio plugged into it.  To tell you the truth, though, my
Ten Tec 705 electret mike sounds just as good with that radio.

If you do decide to use processing, though, I think the best device for
amateur radio use is Julius Jones' wonderful W2IHY 8-Band EQ/Noise Gate
or, better yet, his Super EQ.  They're more expensive than the Behringer
unit, but they're worth it. If you want ot hear beautiful audio with a
relative "minimalist" setup, listen to Ron Castro's signal.

73,

Craig
W3CRR