[TenTec] 937 PS troubleshooting

ve1bn at ns.sympatico.ca ve1bn at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu May 4 12:08:20 EDT 2006

Alan -

The receive current is much less than when transmitting,
Something like an amp or so receive and 10A or
whatever transmit. I don't know the Scout's requirements.

Voltage shouldn't drop when receiving due to the light load
and should not be able to hear any hum on RX.

Try to measure the PS output at its B+ terminal before
and after load.  See if the voltage stays 14V on receive
and transmit.  It will drop a bit on xmit, but not under,
I would expect, 13V DC.

I had a Collins KWM2 years ago, and had to replace the
filter caps in the PS to restore the dynamic range.  This
kept the PS voltage from dropping under xmit load and
affecting to CW make.

Am sure others on the list can offer helpful suggestions
and probably more things to check.

73 -  Don,  VE1BN