[TenTec] 2.033

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Thu May 4 13:42:48 EDT 2006

You are right Grant....that is yet another method.  And indeed the methods
are very numerous.

But it is still not the one I was talking about which uses no spectral
filters, dynamic or otherwise.

It simply divides the incoming data stream into a series string of packets
and decides whether each packet or sample is correlated to those coming
immediately adjacent to it.  If yes, the packet is retained.  If no, the
packet of data is discarded.

After this decimation, as you might call it, the remaining packets are
converted back to analog form, and thus re-create the sound, minus the
offending data.

As to what I am trying to prove - nothing.  This is just a way in which DSP
can be done, and it does not work by using any sort of spectral information
or filters.  I've noticed that many here are not familiar with this
approach.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ