[TenTec] Orion v2.056 PSK question

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Sun May 7 23:23:58 EDT 2006

What audio frequency were you using?  I normally (Orion, 1.372) set
TX EQ to
zero, SSB Tx filter to 3000, and SSB LF Rolloff to 50 Hz.  You're only
transmitting on a narrow audio band, but I would say you want as flat a
response as possible,"

I have the filter set at about 2700  and LF roll off at 100hz, USB.
What should the PWR setting be?  Mine is presently at 100.  If I
lower it appreciably, the ALC lights up.  Using v2.056 so that may be
a difference. ( Although I certainly miss the v1.371 NR effectiveness
on CW, I find it more stable and have made the transition. )

I'm mystified by the TX EQ setting.  What you said makes sense to me.

Thanks, Gary W7TEA