[TenTec] WEN soldering gun tips

Lance Erwin lance.erwin at mchsi.com
Tue May 9 22:38:19 EDT 2006

Hi,
  I saw your post on the WEN tips. I have been looking over a year. I
went to Home Depot and bought a piece of 3/8" brass solid round stock.
  I cut off a 6" piece and used a grinding wheel to take down both
ends a little (to make them less than 3/8" - so they will fit into
the gun) and then put
the piece into a vice and bent it to a "V". I put that into the
soldering gun and put it back on the grinding wheel and "formed" a
tip and plugged it in and
it works great! ONE NOTE - keep it "tinned" (covered with solder") so
it doesn't oxidize.

It took me about an hour - but it works great. Hope you have access
to the materials and tools, or know someone locally that can help you.

Good luck,

Lance