[TenTec] Best Orion version for Field Day

Steve Kline skline17 at comcast.net
Fri May 12 18:16:44 EDT 2006

Ron,

I am running version 1.372 for the past 5-6 mos, contests, dx, ragchew -
CW & SSB.  I have not experienced a crash with 1.372.  My ORION was to
the factory in November 2005 for full updates and mods.  It has been on
for long periods of time with heavy use, still no problems.  My
experience is that V-1.372 is significantly more stable than 1.371 to
the point I have not had to perform any resets or reboots for any
crashes or feature lock-ups.  Zippo.  Hence, by choice, I have never
upgraded the OS to V-2.x.  I havn't experimented with the beta load just
after 1.372 that some ops are running and providing comments.  My
thought was if it was better than the published 1.372 load then it would
have been an official committed load for distribution and not a beta, so
to speak.  There are probably + and - that some ops feel provides better
service for their operating technique or interest. Don't think you will
go wrong with the 1.372 load for FD.

Steve - W5JK
Highland Vlg., TX