[TenTec] Orion I CRT

Chas Nagel cnagel at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 15 13:43:00 EDT 2006

Chas Nagel <cnagel at sbcglobal.net> wrote:    I had a similar problem when I had my Heath Cantenna (dummy load) connected to antenna #2. The Cantenna was located under the desk requiring about 10 feet of RG-58/U coax. Obviously I relocated the Cantenna and shortened the lead considerably. Check to see that you are not causing other wires in the vincinity to radiate back into the Orion. I know you said your feedline is 1:1 but I still believe your problem may be caused by some re-radiating external wiring in close proximity if not the feedline itself. Just because the Orion may see 1:1 does not mean 2 or 3 feet away the swr continues to be 1:1, assuming you are using an Orion AT.

  Charles, K0CW

DAVID LEDUC <n1ix at verizon.net> wrote:
  I have an Orion I that I recently purchased used. I have noticed that the
CRT display flashes on and off with each dot and dash that I send. If I
reduce the power output to 50 watts or less the problem goes away. The SWR
is 1:1 and the Orion is properly grounded.

Is this normal?

Dave N1IX