[TenTec] Orion I LCD

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Mon May 15 15:24:34 EDT 2006

Once I have my rig set to the operating frequency, mode and filter
settings I like, I no longer have any use for any of the lighted
displays. If there was an antenna system failure I would want to be
warned of the high SWR, but otherwise operation of the radio is almost
completely an audio experience for me, not a visual one, except in my
imagination.

Can't the Orion be set to shut off the LCD display after a set period of
no buttons being pushed, or knobs being turned, and stay off until
either some fault condition (such as high SWR) occurs or a button is
pushed or knob turned? Is not the possibility of these kind of features
part of the attraction an updatable firmware rig?

By the way it's an LCD display, not a CRT.

DE N6KB