[TenTec] USB-to-RS232

Richard Arland, K7SZ richard.arland at verizon.net
Mon May 15 23:40:42 EDT 2006

I finally broke down and picked up a new HP Laptop! It is loaded....and I do mean LOADED!

Unfortunately, the only thing it DOESN'T have is an RS-232 port on the back (OK, it doesn't have a 3.5 inch floppy drive either...)

I need a USB to RS-232 adaptor but I have received information that not all of these adaptors are created equal. Which ones work the best? Anyone have any experience with this dilema?

I need guidance...badly, just ask my wife!!

73 Rich K7SZ

PS: The rig I am trying to control is a Paragon-I.