[TenTec] LDG JT-11 internal tuner woes

Hyde, Carl S carl.s.hyde at lmco.com
Mon May 15 13:13:42 EDT 2006

I purchased an LDG JT-11 autotuner after comparing it with the same item
from Ten Tec. It features more memories and a broader tuning range for a
hundred dollars less than the ten tec unit. After installing it I could
not get it to tune or function. (Yes I set the menu to enable the
autotune function iaw the instructions)

After talking to the folks at LDG I sent the JT-11 back to LDG for
checkout and repair.   I also called Ten Tec to see if I was missing
something in the menu's or setup and was told that some early jupiters
needed to have the PLD software updated by reflashing the eeproms
because they were not shipped with the autotuner firmware installed.
When I questioned LDG on this I basically must have hit a nerve with
them because they claim this is totally false and all Jupiters should
work with the internal tuner when the menu is selected. They gave me a
refund for my tuner and are considering deopping all Ten Tec internal
tuners from they catalog including those for the Orion.

So my question is have any other Jupiter owners installed the LDG or Ten
Tec internal tuner and had to have the eeproms reflashed with an updated
program to get the tuner to work?

W2CSH