[TenTec] adding serial ports to computer

jack jfriend31 at comcast.net
Thu May 18 23:55:49 EDT 2006

after doing much checking as to USB to Serial, i took the suggestion that i add a PCI serial port card to my desktop. today i found a small computer store that actually had a PCI I/O card with two serial ports and a parallel port. i just installed the card and drivers. now my desktop has 4 serial ports and 2 parallel ports. all for a few moments and $30.15.
simple is the word for desktops if one has the slot available. finding the card is more difficult than installation by far.
jack ak7o