[TenTec] Goofy Omni 6+

Tom n4rs at iamotelephone.com
Fri May 19 00:49:19 EDT 2006

I have a Omni 6+ which has a very intermittant problem. I have been unable to determine any temperature affects, pushed and proded, tightened all the screws on the boards. Here is the issue...the frequency display will flicker brighter. When it does the external keyer will not key the rig. The audio will guit as well. The meter lamps DO NOT flicker, just the frequency and time display. The problem is less prominant with the top cover off. Also the problem is more likely to occur when first turned on although it will act up at various times throughout the day. At this time it has been well over a week since the last occurance. A few weeks ago I did a reset which seemed to resolve the problem but eventually it came back....any thoughts- ideas would be greatly appreciated .....Tom N4RS