[TenTec] adding serial ports to computer

n8kom at wowway.com n8kom at wowway.com
Fri May 19 09:00:16 EDT 2006

Hi Jack -
Another option (similar to your computer store find) for anyone looking to
add serial ports is to look for a multi-port RS-232 PCI card like the type
made by MOXA or COMTROL.  They have 4 port and 8 port PCI cards that can be
bought on the used market pretty reasonable, as people move toward USB based
serial devices.  I use a 4 port PCI card and now have a total of six DB-9 RS-
232 serial COM ports in my desktop.

73 - Steve

On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:55:49 -0600, jack wrote