[TenTec] ALC not working, Anyone had the covers off?

Lin Davis linbdavis at earthlink.net
Sat May 20 16:32:31 EDT 2006

Lee,

Also, if the O2 is same as O1, then the ALC LED is driven from the same UCN6810
IC as the VFOA SUB RX and VFO B SUB RX button LEDs. (These buttons are shown on
page 7 of the Orion II users manual as 12 and 13.)
The UCN6810 PCB reference designator is U7 and is located on the A8 board, which
Sinisa pointed out is the Keypad Board (front panel).

So if the two button LEDs mentioned are working ok, and the ALC LED doesn't even
come on when powering up, I would highly suspect the LED itself or cold solder
joint at U7 pin 12 or the LED pins.

Good luck
Lin
WB1AIW