[TenTec] Audio Issues with Heil Microphone and Jupiter

Steve Snyder W7CM w7cm at comcast.net
Sun May 21 12:08:56 EDT 2006

I am a new Jupiter owner. Prior to ordering mine I read this thread. I was planning on using my HM-10 Heil with the 5 element on the radio as I have been doing on my Paragon with great success. I was troubled by what I read and considered ordering a Ten Tec mic. I did not. This week my Jupiter arrive and I plugged in my HM-10. I have more than enough drive. Mic gain at 30% is plenty. 45% of Speech Proc gives me great reports. Very nice rag chew audio. IMHO there is no audio issues with using a Heil Microphone on a Jupiter.

I would like to know if anyone is using a PR-40 on a Jupiter?? I have been thinking of trying one but the price is a bit steep to gamble.

Steve
W7CM