[TenTec] Ten Tec (Mobile CW)

Paul Gates, KD3JF pearly732003 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 20:34:58 EDT 2006

ok, ok I will try it Tuesday!

Paul, KD3JF
Glen Burnie, MD
FM19qd (Map Grid Square)

----- Original Message ----
From: w8au at sssnet.com
To: tentec at contesting.com
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:37:03 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec (Mobile CW)

At 12:31 PM 5/25/06, Jliving39 at aol.com wrote:
>Wish I felt confident enough to do CW on the fly,
>but  just a wimp I guess.  Any hints you can  provide about
>how to evolve to working cw and driving at the same time
>is  appreciated.  Bet you have a driver!!!)

No drivers needed.  If you have ever operated FONE mobile, holding
a mike in one hand while steering with the other, then you have
the essentials down pat.

The only difference is you are using the mike hand to operate a
paddle, which is a bit safer since the cord is not close to the steering
wheel.

You have to copy "in your head" of course, and keep a pencil handy
for a quick jotting of notes... the same as you would if on FONE.

That's all there is to it!  Join the many hundreds of us running the
asphalt seas and see just how EASY it is....

Perry   w8au/M