[TenTec] Roofing Filters (LONG)

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Mon May 29 21:17:02 EDT 2006

I don't think that definition works for a single conversion receiver that
has just one filter in the IF.  This filter would certainly not be called a
roofing filter.  The purpose of the roofing filters in the Orion's are to
keep the DSP stage from overloading on signals that are not in the DSP
passband.  A roofing filter always has another stage of filtering in the AGC
loop following it.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain