[TenTec] Need Help using WriteLog with Orion II

Gregory J. Knapp gknapp at freshrain.org
Fri Nov 3 12:57:58 EST 2006

 I need help. I have an Orion II interfaced by serial cable to my XP
computer. I can send keyboard CW that way with my N4PY software, but can't
make WriteLog key the rig on CW.
I think I and my son (a SW Engineer) have tried just about every setting on
the WriteLog menu and have read tons of old posts on set up with the Orion
(such as modify an .ini file, etc.), but just can't seem to get it to key.
Is there some secret? Is an additional interface cable/box for WriteLog
required to make it function?  Am I missing something? It just can't be this
hard to hook up and configure...or is it? If someone has successfully used
WL with an OII via the serial cable for CW, please let me know your
settings/secrets. I'd love to use it for SS this weekend! Thanks, Greg, N6GK