[TenTec] Orion 565 AT Ver2.059

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 3 21:11:55 EST 2006

	Good summary Merle and Barry.
Another I have heard is that the CW waveform
may be dirtier in V2.  I also really don't like
the scratchy sound of QRN bursts in V2 (may
be related to #6 in Merle's list).  On the plus side,
here's my list of V2 features I wish we had in
1.373b5:

1.  Much crisper display
2.  Much faster response to control changes
3.  Sloped AGC (new feature)

Unfortunately my list is much smaller than yours
so I'm also still using 1.373b5.  I'm glad the O2
guys are happy, but I wonder what they might
say if they had been preconditioned with V1 in
an original Orion?

	Waiting, hoping but still happy with V1.

			73,  Bill  W4ZV