[TenTec] Corsair II with cosmetic problem. Help needed

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Nov 9 14:31:56 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 01:27:37PM -0500, OTAKEBI at aol.com wrote:
> I am working on a Corsair II that needs the brown plastic front panel
> replaced.
> It is the part through which the display can be seen.
> I have called Ten Tec and the part is no longer available.
> Does anyone have a spare or one out of a parts rig they want to part  with?
> Needs to be in good shape with no cracks.
> Or, does anyone know of a person on this list or elsewhere that makes  repros
> of this part?
> Just seems to be made of brown plastic but the silkscreen would be a bear  to
> duplicate.

Could you make a copy of it on a sheet of clear plastic and glue it to
the brown one? You can find clear plastic that works well in printers and
copy machines. It would be best to spray it with fixative spray (available
at an art supply store) before you mount it.

If you ask around you could probably find someone to scan in the original
and fix it up with photoshop.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838