[TenTec] Xlog

John B. Egger john_egger at comcast.net
Sat Nov 18 19:22:22 EST 2006

Ed wrote:

>John B. Egger wrote:
>

>>Running Xlog in Xandros 4.0 Linux with an O2: The Orion's frequency
>>shows up in the small box at the right edge of the property bar, and
>>running (in a console window) "rigctl" allows "f" to show frequency, "m"
>>mode, etc.
>>
>>But how do I get Xlog to insert the Orion's frequency into the log
>>itself? Trying to duplicate the old ARRL Logbook, I used one of the
>>customizable boxes to create a "Freq (MHz)" and that's really where I
>>want it to go.
>>
>>Can any Xlog users help? I posted this query on the Xlog mail list but
>>no responses so far.
>>

>In Xlog
>
>settings > preferences > general > bands > check "use editbox"
>
>HTH
>
>Ed W3NR
>Debian GNU/Linux

Thanks, Ed, but that didn't do it. FYI, at the left of my
bottom-of-screen bar is the following message: "Hamlib error -8:
Protocol error" but I haven't found a description of errors on the
hamlib site. The Xlog description says that frequency icon is
"clickable," but clicking it does nothing here. (It does read out the
Orion's frequency, though.)

--John K3GHH

Registered Linux User #291592