[TenTec] Omni VI info

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Wed Nov 22 08:22:01 EST 2006

Folks,

I have the opportunity to buy a used Omni VI here in the UK. The advert says "fully loaded with filters" but it has no upgrade Mods.

I'm a long-term Corsair II owner and don't know the Omni series very well. Can anyone tell me:

1) What the various upgrades to the Omni VI were, and what did they achieve ?
2) Were they "factory installed", or can the competent owner do them ?
3) In your opinion were they worthwhile ?
4) Are any of them still available?
5) I believe there were some InRad mods available - are these worthwhile?

Happy Thanksgiving to all you folk over there !

Steve G3TXQ