[TenTec] Orion PEP

Mark DeBord markinkpt at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 26 23:24:04 EST 2006

I am working on an issue with an amplifier and need some info to see if my
testing is accurate. I am running my Orion at 65watts carrier for driving an
Ameritron amp. However, I am noticing that even though the Orion is 65w on
my watt meter, I show PEP much higher; as high as 90 watts. I show this even
going down as far as 45 watts carrier. Is this accurate? If so, then this
could resolve my issue I am hunting down. I am using an Ameritron AWM-30 to
measure PEP. What do you see on PEP if you run your Orion at 65 watts
carrier on your good meter?

Thanks,
Mark