[TenTec] Shields in Omni VI

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Mon Nov 27 12:28:51 EST 2006

Hi Steve,

That the pitch changes suggests that the loading of the different
filters is changing the frequency of a spurious oscillation, somewhere.
If it is a harmonic of the 15.3 MHz PBT oscillator, it would only have
to be a small shift of 15.3 MHz to produce a few hundred Hz shift of say
the 15 harmonic. Changing the 9 MHz filter being used should not change
the loading on that oscillator though. Maybe one of the 9MHz IF amp
stages is oscillating.

Ken N6KB