[TenTec] New Orion II user with a slight problem.

David E. Shelton des.n4in at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:01:42 EDT 2006

I received my new Orion II today. My OII is running the v2.037j firmware. I
am getting a problem with the received audio. I am listening to a QSO on CW
via the main receiver at about 1000Hz BW and the audio starts to distort
then gradually a hum will start in on the audio. Does not matter where you
tune VFO A (main receiver) and if I turn the Main AF down to where the Main
VFO is muted and use the Sub Rx there is no distortion. I am still trying to
figure out a pattern to the problem. It does seem to go away temporarily
with cycling the power switch on the rig. Any ideas?

Many Tnx,

David, N4IN