[TenTec] [Orion] Orion NB vs NR

Pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 5 18:59:39 EDT 2006

Another tip on the firmware NB in the main receiver (NOT the HB) - on some
sorts of noise go into FILTER and force the roofing filter to 6 khz or 20
khz - it can make a huge difference in effectiveness. I stumbled into this
one day when I noticed the SUB receiver NB seemed much better on some noise
than the MAIN rx NB.

The hardware noise blanker HB uses a separate signal path  than the dsp
based NB.  It utilizes a special IC designed for impulse noise blanking
along with diode gates.

73 de Hank K7HP

Subject: Re: [Orion] Orion NB vs NR