[TenTec] Fw: Questions on Corsair II

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Mon Oct 9 11:00:46 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Hunt
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Questions on Corsair II

Steve,

On my Corsair II the keying function is carried out within the MicroProcessor that's driving the digital frequency readout. It's U10 on Logic Board 81246 - the schematic is on page 3-30 of my manual.

But its speed is determined by clock oscillator U1A U1B U1D on the Audio Processor board 81255 (Schematic page 3-20). The front panel Speed Pot goes to connector 17 on this board, and the clock output appears on connector 15 to drive the processor. So if you're only interested in making the Speed Pot less sensitive you don't need to go near 81246

Interestingly, I reckon the Micro is hard pushed to do the CW function and count the frequency - I noticed early on that when you key the rig in CW mode the 100Hz digit sometimes goes + or 1. I've checked, and the actual frequency doesn't change - just the readout! It doesn't happen in SSB modes.

73,
Steve G3TXQ