[TenTec] Questions on Corsair II

d.e.warnick at comcast.net d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Mon Oct 9 21:51:11 EDT 2006

If the problem goes away when the rig is warmed up, I'm not so sure that yu have to rebuild the PTO. I suspect that you should check and reseat any mounting screws for the PTO and for the circuit board in it. Also clean any area on the board that makes contact with the chassis or a screw head.
When the PTO needs to be rebuilt, typically it is because the grease on the mechanical assembly that drives the slug in and out of the coil has set up. A complete disassembly, cleaning, relube and reassembly gets rid of that problem. Sometimes there is some wear in that assembly and parts can be replaced. That's when the kit comes into play.
Rebuilding is not a difficult job, but it is fine work on small parts.
John and the guys at TenTec are the experts and are always willing to help. Sorry, but I don't know John's last name, but he's in the service department and is the expert on PTOs
Dave
WA3MKB

From: WA2USA at aol.com