[TenTec] Argo V and amp

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 10:36:50 EDT 2006

Actually 200 w. out for 20 w. in is pretty much the gain you would get with
any grounded grid triode amp such as the Centurion, around 10 dB I think.
It's not that shabby, and as I'm sure we all know, the grounded grid triode
design is well known for its clean output compared to those ceramic tube
high gain tetrode amps.  The command hf2500 with two 3cx800s has the
cleanest christmas tree I've ever seen from a ham amp.

<<On this subject, has anyone used a Heil dual switch to do this?
Thanks,>>

I sure like Bob Heil's products but I have to confess that I tried his dual
switch footswitch and didn't like it.   To me it was pretty klunky, and the
effort of mashing down hard enough to insure both switches got thrown was a
pain in the qso.   There were times one switch would key (the amp switch
which is the first one to close and last one to open) but the exciter would
not and my pithy brilliant roundtable interjection would go nowhere, which
come to think of it, may have been a good thing.  Bob's switch probably kept
me out of trouble.

rob / k5uj