[TenTec] Ten Tec "banana" mic upgrade?

jones_winston at bellsouth.net jones_winston at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 17 16:39:57 EDT 2006

Ten-Tec made banana mics with both ceremic and electret elements. The ceramic mics were
ElectoVoice with the Ten-Tec brand on them. (Ten-Tec founder Al Kahn also founded ElectroVoice.)
The ceremic version was originally designed for the Argonauts and Tritons. They had the 3-conductor
phone plugs. The electret version had a four-pin plug and was designed to be used with an outboard
speech processor that Ten-Tec also made as an accessory to the Tritons. I once had the processor. It
was black color and matched the Argonaut 515.

The banana ceramic mics never seemed to work that well with my Argonauts and Tritons. I used the
Shure 444 which had much more "punch."

73, Winston  K4CWQ