[TenTec] Orion II interface to Orion II

Barry Gross barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 09:48:05 EDT 2006

On 10/21/06, Martin AA6E <aa6e at ewing.homedns.org> wrote:
> Ken, KA0W wrote:
> > Anyone running an Orion II interfaced to another Orion
> > II so the pair track each other? Without being
> > interface to computer?
> Not possible, if I understand what you want to do, but the "computer"
> can be very small.  That is, the Orion never sends info except on
> request.  You need some kind of digital device that polls one rig and
> sets the other.  An interesting little project.

I agree with Martin - this would be an interesting project that I'd
love to implement here and slave a second Orion's vfo off a master
Orion.  The little box could work like Carl described the SteppIR
interface - either passively listening to the master rig interface if
it IS hooked up to a computer, or else actively polling the master rig
if it's not.

FWIW, Ham Radio Deluxe shareware allows for slaving the frequency of
multiple rigs from a master rig and it works quite well, but this
obviously won't allow running other logging/contesting software at the
same time nor solve the problem of doing it without a computer.

73,
Barry N1EU