[TenTec] Orion 1, No RIT, XIT

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sun Oct 22 13:32:36 EDT 2006

> One thing that I learned at the Ten-Tec open-house is that
> Ten-Tec is bringing out a new board for the Orion II and the
> OMNI VII that is a high performance - real-time - bandscope
> add-on.

This was mentioned along with the early announcement of the Orion II, but
there hasn't been anything said about it since then.  Glad to hear it is
apparently actually in the works, or at least still on the list.

While finally getting garound to putting the v2 hardware mod in my 565AT
last night and hunting for a "missing" cable when putting it all back
together, I discovered that there may have been some thought to providing a
bandscope cabability for the sub-receiver in the Orion.  There's a
sub-receiver input on the logic board for the bandscope as well as switching
logic between the Main Receiver 9 Mhz IF and Sub 45 Mhz IF (but no
corresponding output from the sub-receiver).  Wonder why that didn't get
implemented?

Grant/NQ5T