[TenTec] Orion freezing up

Mary Ann Higgins mahiggins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 19:18:16 EDT 2006

Hi I had a similar problem when using my ORION  and the ALINCO PS,
Also some ASTRONS  with poor internal grounding  can cause problems.
Also RIGBLASTER ( Type)
power strips.  TT also recommends  having power leads no longer than 3 feet.
The ALINCO also caused my ts-2000 to freeze. I've also had problems
when using crimp
connectors not done well.
2.059d seems so far to be OK fer me.

Hope this helps -- 73's Ray W1JUS

On 10/22/06, Danny Shaver <n5nbk at nortexinfo.net> wrote:
> I have an Orion1 running 2.059d. I have not used it mmuch due to work schedules, but this afternoon I noticed that after a while of operating, the control panel freezes up. The rig is still working when this happens, I just cannot change anything since none of the controls work. I performed a master reset, but it still happens. I turn the rig off and back on, and everything works fine for a while. Anyone else experience this ? Any ideas ?
>
> Danny N5NBK

The joy is in the journey...
Mary Ann Higgins