[TenTec] Orion RIT/XIT

Art k6xt at arrl.net
Wed Oct 25 10:04:35 EDT 2006

Thanks to the amateurs responding on this, all of which are reproduced
below, but just once! I see my O1 is not unique.

To John WB4QDA: Try this. Turn on rit. adjust it up a few kc. Turn on
xit. Adjust it a couple kc. Now look at rit, it will be another {xit
offset} up the band. RIT and XIT will forever maintain whatever split
you have dialed in until you do something to correct what I will call
"the error".

To Merle W0EWM: My ritxit appear to work correctly, except the encoder
momentary push to zero has to be pushed hard and just right. My message
had to do with the usability of the current, operating correctly, setup
which I believe is not very usable.

To Duane AC5AA: No question. RIT stays fixed, XIT adjusts to match
current RIT. The reverse, seems to me, would be worse than it is now.
The utility of ritxit is to find a good transmit freq, then set the
transmitter there. Ritxit always in sync would be superior to the
current setup.

To Sinisa YT1NT: I can see some utility in separately adjustable ritxit,
but no sense at all in no ability to make xit equal rit.

Thanks again to all!
73 Art