[TenTec] re RF gets into computer

John K Gotwals john at gotwals.com
Thu Oct 26 13:52:51 EDT 2006

I agree with you that the RF ingression into the computer could be one one
or more wires, and I don't know which one(s).

My computer (Dell Precision 650) case is plastic, so I can't ground that. I
plan to unplug all the wires connected to the computer except for AC power,
video monitor, and keyboard and then turn on the transmitter and observe
what happens. As mentioned by one of the responders, I may want to test with
a keyboard connected via the PC keyboard jack. If the problem still
persists, add filters. I may even invest in a W3NQN AC-7 7 amp AC line
filter.
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/nqnaclinefilter.htm

John, N9JG