[TenTec] UCW and LCW

John T. Fleming W3GQJ at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 27 21:48:34 EDT 2006

John,

When you go to LCW or UCW, the receiver is offset by the frequency of the
"spot" frequency.  Some times I have to check into the Badger Weather Net on
3985 on CW even though it is SSB.  When I change from LSB to LCW and open
the filter, I have to tune down 700 Hz to 3984.3 to copy the SSB.  I then
turn on the XIT and set it to -700 so they can copy my note.  Otherwise I
will be on 3985 and not create a tone in their receiver.  Try it sometime.

73,
John