[TenTec] DX4WIN_O2_INTER_WORKING_FIXED

George goofyham at highstream.net
Sat Sep 2 19:48:34 EDT 2006

I figured out what the problem was. It was the Radio Shack USB to DB9
adaptor feeding the O2/SteppIR Y cable. Apparently the USB port doesn't like
the fact that there is nothing responding at the DB9 end. I switched my
rotor, which is also DB9 to the USB adaptor and put the Orion2/SteppIR Y
cable on a DB9 com port right off the computer. No more hang-ups.
I do see another problem in that if you shut down your Orion the com port
goes to sleep and will not wake up until DX4WIN is shut down and re-started.
Thanks.
George