[TenTec] Century 22 Question

jones_winston at bellsouth.net jones_winston at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 6 10:44:58 EDT 2006

Don,
I used to have a Century 22. As best I recall, it's a direct conversion rig but uses a crystal mixing
scheme to get the various frequency bands. Tapping the PTO would give the correct last three digits in
the frequency but not the correct significant digit. However, by tapping the mixer output, you could read
the frequency directly on the counter, without an offset programmed in, since it is a direct conversion.

73, Winston  K4CWQ